Thursday, January 2, 2014

Meet Zoe!

Meet my puppy, Zoe, everyone!




As with most things there is a story behind this. You might remember from this post that my neighbor’s dog had six puppies. I spent much time with them playing and hanging out. I got attached to one who I named Jack. I was going to take him in as my own puppy and friend, but I wanted to wait until after my travels to Hong Kong.


When I got back from Hong Kong I went searching for Jack and found only five of the puppies. Jack was missing. I asked my neighbor’s daughter if she had seen him. In her very limited English she said, “Ma’am, he died.” That was that. He died. Gone. I went home and cried, heartbroken. But I took it as a sign that maybe I shouldn’t get a puppy. After all, what’s going to happen when I leave?

Well supposedly the Bishop heard this story. On the day of our Christmas party, December 20th, he shows up with the cutest, little, blonde puppy. I thought he was simply showing me the puppy, but no when I went back to my room that night she was tied out in front of it. The puppy was a gift from the Bishop to me. I was a little unprepared, shocked and overwhelmed to have this little creature sprung on me.






However after 12 days, Zoe couldn’t be more perfect! Of course, she’s still a puppy so we’re working on potty training, eating habits, and chewing things. Otherwise, she’s cute, playful, and loves to cuddle. Since I haven’t had work we’ll spend hours outside in the afternoon napping and running around. She’s great fun!

To answer the question you’re probably thinking, I don’t know what will happen to her when I leave. That’s eight months down the road. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, we’re enjoying becoming great friends!






Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. In late November, Margaret Clinch posted in Facebook about an orange tabby cat who was trying to adopt her. One of her other friends and I (her Dad) were trying to convince her that she could adopt a cat and bring it home. A fe resources we found: http://www.wikihow.com/Bring-a-Pet-Into-the-United-States-from-Another-Country and http://www.petrelocation.com/pet-relocation-resources/united-states-pet-import-requirements to name just two. In eight months, little Zoe can be spayed, have all of her shots, and could come home with you. Best of luck with her.

    ReplyDelete