Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Puppy Therapy

Who doesn't love puppies? They are cute, cuddly, lovable, playful creatures! My neighbor's dog had six of them about a month ago. They're finally old enough to be out and around. Once I knew they were born, every morning I would look out my window waiting for the day they would finally show themselves. It may sound pathetic, but I have to admit I sometimes (read: most of the time) prefer puppies to children. The anticipation was killing me! Finally, last week the day came that six little fur balls were out exploring their new world.



Now, they are my daily therapy. How can a small, cute animal who loves you unconditionally not warm your soul? I look forward to sitting with them as they lick my toes or lay their chins in my lap or wrestle each other to ground or gang up together to chase the chickens or all curl up into one big ball for a nap! They always give me a good laugh. I'm trying not to name in my head or get too attached because in about a month they'll go to other homes. In the meantime, though, they're my daily dose of joy.

















Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment