Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

{image via}


Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful celebration ringing in the New Year whether it was a loud night out with friends or a quiet night in with loved ones. I wish you all a Happy New Year! I cannot believe it's already 2014. 

I've never really been one who gets too excited about a new year on the first day of that year. To me the new year is in September. It's due to 18 years I was a part of the education system. The idea of a new school year always got me excited, new classes, new clothes, a fresh start, and another year to "get it right." 

I guess now that I'm in a adult I should get used to idea that January 1 is the New Year. It's exciting for everyone to think of the possibilities a new year can bring. I have much to be thankful for which I talked about in yesterday's post! But I feel like every year somehow gets better and better. 

And so with this quote I remind myself at the beginning of every year - The best is yet to come.

{image via}

I believe that with a New Year, new goals, new ambitions, and new perspectives I can continue to achieve "the best." As I read recently in this article, the author writes, "There is no such thing as “best.” The finish line to living the perfect life doesn’t exist. It’s constantly in motion, just ahead of our grasp, moving forward at the same rate of acceleration as the expectations that will inevitably trail our accomplishments."

It's an important reminder that we shouldn't simply stop when we reach a goal. Make it bigger, make it better. Never stop wanting to do more, see more, experience more. "The Best" is yet to come meaning we should continually reevaluate and move our finish line further into the future. 

Each year will get better and better as long as we never give up.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment