Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Little Things

Happy first day of October!

I cannot believe it is already October! 85 days until Christmas. I only say that because at the end of every news broadcast here they announce how many days until Christmas. The countdown starts September 1. I guess the U.S. isn’t the only crazy when it comes to the Christmas craze starting early.

Within the past week or so, I’ve started to find that the weeks go by here like they did in the states. Once you get through Monday and Tuesday, it is Wednesday. Then the next thing you know, it is Saturday. Then it is quickly back to Monday.

{My Daily View of the Office from my Desk}


This past weekend was again spent in Santiago City. Saturday, actually, was one of those super productive days where I felt like I did everything I possibly could; skype with a friend, workout, shower, eat lunch, journal, chat with a neighbor, watch a tv episode, and event take a nap! After all of that, it was still only 2:30pm!

Ever happened to you?

So then I fell into a short state of boredom thinking there was nothing more to do in the day. I then found myself just wandering around the compound, which led to playing with puppies and my neighbor’s small children while watching the sunset. Great joy!

On Sunday, I saw my first rainbow! Unfortunately, I was in a moving car and couldn’t snap a good picture. However, I’m surprised I haven’t seen more since it rains practically every day. It was such a wonderful sight!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Also, if there is anything in particular you are curious about my life in the Philippines, just ask a question in the comments or send me an email. I’m happy to answer any questions!

{Sun setting over the Compound}

{My neighbor's puppy, Mars}

{This is Carl, Fr. Clarence's 20-month-old son, who is the cutest and full of energy}

{Farida (not pictured) and Lloyd (far right) from the National Office and Charlotte (far left) from Diocese of Northern Philippines were in town for the SRI Harvest. They invited me out to dinner with them and Fr. Clarence last night}

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment