Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's Not Easy, but Worth It

Two months have come and gone in my year as a missionary with the Young Adult Service Corps!

I'm not going to sugarcoat the journey and say it's been all joys. The highlights always outweigh the low moments, but it is not without it's challenges. Adjusting to a new way of life, new culture, new friends, and a new language is a roller coaster ride!



I found a quote that says, "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." It’s true. Every time I think I’ve found normalcy or a daily routine there will be something to remind me I’m in the Philippines. It could be a blackout, not having water for hours, the amount of rice consumed, etc. I know in the end it’s going to be complete worth it. It’s already worth it! I’m learning a great deal about people, Episcopalians, development work and myself.

Of course this could not all be possible with you all supporting me financially and through prayers. Whether it be a high or low moment I’m always reminded of who helped me get here. And I hope through my monthly newsletters let you see a glimpse into my life here and the spiritual journey I’m on.

Read the whole newsletter here!


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment