Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What's it like to be in YASC?

Most of you probably remember this teaser video from my previous post. The Episcopal Church center has now posted a full version of the video titled, "What's it like to be in YASC?" I've already watched it about 15 times. No lie! I love what all of the YASCers from last year had to say and the imagery of the video. Also, it was great to see the Philippines featured!

My favorite quote comes from Andrew Joyce,

"It's a life-changing, transformative experience, especially for those who are kind of wondering what they want to do and are trying to find themselves. When you come to a place where you are different from everyone else, it makes you step back and take a look at yourself. You really see what's important to you, what you value. You learn so much and it winds up giving you more than you give it."

I've already found myself coming to small realizations about what in my daily life is important, how I view myself and what I truly value. One of my goals of doing YASC is to grow in my relationship with myself and with God. And already after one month, I can see myself making tiny steps towards that goal. I'm interested to see how I'll be transformed in 2 months, 6 months, and a year from now! 

Watch the video here!

No comments:

Post a Comment