Thursday, September 12, 2013

Keeping Busy

This week has been extremely busy with the Systems Rice Intensification (SRI) harvest on Tuesday, the Diocese of Santiago and Diocese of Northern Philippines joint clericus on Wednesday. And a day out in the field today, Thursday. I've been out of the office almost all week. But I've been able to catch up with Andrew Joyce, fellow YASCer. Tomorrow, Friday, I'll be heading to Baguio and seeing Margaret Clinch, other fellow YASCer, this weekend.

Needless to say, I don't have a profound or exciting blog post today. I'll have more detailed posts about all those events mentioned above next week.

Staying busy keeps my mind off of missing family and friends, but it's exhausting. I'm not saying everything is sunshine and rainbows. I've already had a few low moments where all I wanted to do was bake chocolate chip cookies, watch hours of Netflix, or sit on my old porch with my roommate and a beer in hand. It's hard not being able to just get in my car, blast the music and simply drive when I want to escape. However, busyness continually reminds me of how quickly this year is going to go by. It's already the end of my 3rd week! I would not trade in this experience for the world. I will find new ways to get through the hardships, the loneliness, and feelings of isolation. Because when those great, wonderful, wouldn't-trade-in-for-the-world moments happen, I know that I'm right where I should be.

This evening, I enjoyed fresh coconut water and coconut from my neighbor's tree. Also I ate some delicious, freshly picked papaya with the company of my lovely neighbors. It was the perfect, cool evening for sitting out on the porch and enjoying each other's company!

I will leave you with a fun picture of Andrew and I on the highest point in Santiago City.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment