Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Little Things

This past weekend was exactly what I needed to recharge. I finished an amazing book, The Fractured Road, Part I: East & Westwhich I recommend to all and is written by a fellow resident of Loudoun County. I do warn you, though, that the sequel won't be published until Summer 2014 and the ending leaves you wanting more!

I, also, walked around the compound with my neighbor and chatted for hours. Then on Sunday, the priest's wife invited me over to learn how to bake her delicious carrot cake! Next week, I promised to teach her how bake my mom's banana bread. Hopefully, baking on Sundays will become a regular event!

Another YASCer and I came to the realization that most of our days will not be filled with great travels and over-the-top excitement. We are settling into a normal daily routine, going to work, grocery shopping, cleaning our apartments and so on. But then something happens or I see something that reminds me I'm living away from anything I've ever known.

{Tried Bugnay Fruit Wine made by a local. It has an after taste of rice wine with a sweet but sour tang. Can't say it's my favorite.}



{Future tricycle driver}

{Lemabelle teaching me how back carrot cake}

{Staff blessing the new motorcycle they purchased}

{Jamming with Ata Andrea & Ata Becky}

Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment