Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Little Things

I had one crazy night this past Friday, I watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! One of my favorite movies which I decided to bring on DVD for nights like this past Friday to help past the time. No matter how many times I watch it, I always cry! Anyways, my point is towards the end of the movie one of the characters, Tibby, finds a tape of her 12 year-old friend, Bailey, who just died of Leukemia (one of the parts where I cry). On the tape Bailey says,

"Being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things like wearing these pants or getting to a new level of Dragon's Lair - making those count for more than the bad stuff. Maybe we just get through it... and that's all we can ask for."

She's right. Not everything in life is perfect. However, if we enjoy all the little things, add up the simple moments and take them for more than the annoying, frustrating, or bad things we sometimes deal with, then our life will seem that much better. 

I'm starting a new weekly series on the blog called, "The Little Things" where I will feature pictures of small moments or items that made me smile or happy. Because while there will be major events or adventures that happen throughout my YASC year, it will also be shaped by little things. 

{I woke up especially early this morning and witnessed this beautiful sunrise from out my window}


{I couldn't resist taking a picture of the sign on the back of this tricycle}

{This star hangs from my neighbor's house and it always brightens my day}

{Mother and child curled up together}

{The first meal I made in my apartment! A pasta bowl with veggies and chicken.}

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing the photos. It makes me homesick for Santiago, my two visits there were fantastic experiences.
    Ed

    ReplyDelete