Thursday, November 7, 2013

Super Typhoon Haiyan

Hey readers, friends, and family!

There's been much concern over my safety and the safety of the other YASCers as Super Typhoon Haiyan. I'm happy to say that we are all on the Northern Island of Luzon. Below is a map with an arrow of where I am versus the trajectory of the storm.

While my weekend plans have been rained out, I will be safe! Thanks for all the prayers and concerns. I feel blessed to be out of the storms path. Although, please keep everyone else in the Philippines who will be greatly affected by this storm in your prayers.

Compassionate God… Draw near to us in this time of sorrow and anguish, comfort those who mourn, strengthen those who are weary, encourage those in despair, and lead us all to fullness of life; through the same Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God for ever and ever. Amen
— Holy Women, Holy Men: Celebrating the Saints (Church Publishing: New York), page 733

{image via}

1 comment:

  1. I've spent part of the day and evening reassuring all of Margaret's friends that she's out of danger too, other than getting stuck inside on Saturday with a troop of Filipina Girl Scouts.

    ReplyDelete