Monday, November 11, 2013

Little Things

Thank you again for all the love, support and prayers received over the weekend. Again, I am safe and perfectly fine. I feel blessed to have been in an area that suffered from only heavy rain and a cloudy day indoors. However, the area hit by the Super Typhoon Yolanda or Haiyan (whichever you prefer) was greatly devastated. Reports say up to 10,000 could be dead, with homes and stores leveled to the ground. Please continue to keep all of those affected in your prayers! You can also follow this link to learn how you can help.

Of course after a heavy storm, beautiful weather follows. I spent Sunday afternoon under the shade of a tree reading, journaling, and enjoying the light breeze, sunshine and 70 degree weather. I wish winter was like this everywhere! Today, the office was abuzz preparing for our special visitors from Kenya. They've traveled all the way here to learn about the micro-lending of the foundation and cooperatives. We're excited to host them but only for one day!

Don't worry, I'm still taking time to enjoy the little things!

{My neighbor's have a pet turtle in their kitchen sink. He's been there for 8 years!}


{Rearranging the office calls for a pizza party!}

{Another wonderful packaged received thanks to my best friend}

{Rainy day from Typhoon Haiyan}

{Fresh papaya picked for my neighbor's tree}

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment