Friday, December 20, 2013

Weekend Reading


{image via}

Happy Weekend! 

I hope everyone has a fun filled weekend and isn't rushing around for last-minute gifts too much. I'm now off for Christmas and New Years break! I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing during that whole time. While that would usually stress me out (well it still is), I'm trying to make "go with the flow" my new motto. I know it will all work out for the best even if I don't know the plan a week or a few days in advance.

The Filipinos have this saying, "bye and bye." It basically means, it will happen when it happens or he'll come when he comes. It'll happen at no certain time in the future. At first it drove me insane. But now I'm embracing it. So when will I know about my Christmas plans? Bye and bye.


I know last week I said I had only a few blog posts to share, but this week I only have two! But that doesn't mean you shouldn't read on. I've also added in some other recent, favorite blog posts. The Diocese of Virginia has a blog, DioDocs. They did a series of reflections on Advent readings. Below are some of my favorites!

Heidi shares how she is preparing for Christmas in Tanzania.

Margaret is learning how the church works in a variety of communities in the Philippines.

Mary Anne Bryant, assistant to Mission & Outreach, remembers a precious story from her mission trip to Tanzania as she reflects on the story of Jesus' true light entering the world.

Will we ever truly be ready for the coming of Jesus? The Rev. Canon Patrick J. Wingo, Canon to the Ordinary, explains how he's "as ready as I'll ever be."

Julie Simonton, Diocesan Staff Officer for Congregational Development, encourages us to change our "best seats" and get out of our comfort zone to see how we can be transformed.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment