Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Holy Week

One of perks of working for the Church is a nice long weekend for Easter. The offices closed on Thursday and Friday. All I did was sleep, watch movies, read, and attend church services. Most of the people on the compound visited their families, so it was pretty quiet.

Below is a short photo diary of my Holy Week. I actually missed Good Friday service because a local priest died that day and they moved the time of the service without telling me. While, I had all intentions of going, it didn't work out.

It was a quieter, simpler Easter than I'm used to but I greatly enjoyed the break after all the traveling I've been doing. And it was simply TOO HOT to do anything at all.

{Bishop washed my feet on Maundy Thursday} 



{A fire is made for the origin of light for the Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday}


{Lighting of the Paschal Candle for the Great Easter Vigil}


{Taking selfies with Sicado to keep him quiet during Easter Sunday service}

{Easter Egg Hunt in front of the Cathedral after Easter mass}

{Homemade treats for after the service. Thanks Mom, for the napkins and plates!}

{Mom sent Easter Egg dye and it was a great hit with all the kids}

{Somehow each egg was a shade of pink, purple, or blue and doused in glitter}

Don't forget to head on over to the YASC Lenten Blog to see how other volunteers celebrated their Easter! It's the last post. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment