Friday, June 27, 2014

Weekend Reading


This past week I've been in Tacloban, the hardest hit area of Super Typhoon Haiyan. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to visit the communities receiving relief and rehabilitation efforts from E-CARE. I cannot wait to share more about my adventures there. 

Also, I turned 24 this past week. For some reason since I was a child, I've always had the idea in my head that 24 was going to be an amazing year for me. I can't really complain about year 23, though. But can't wait to see what life has in store for me!

Check out what other YASCers have been up to especially as some of their years come to a close.

Keri shares her first adventures in Lesotho, where she is spending her final two months.

Charlotte experienced American football in Japan. 

Sean posts a photo journal of a recent hike led by a Shinto priest.

Becky reflects on how Pentacost has a whole new meaning for her this year.

Julie recently visited rural areas with a visiting medical group to assist with a mobile clinic.

Hannah writes beautifully about a recent up close and personal moment with immigration.

Alan explores how historical figures from around the world were influenced by Haiti.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment