Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekend Reading



Sunday Funday!

Not really, unless you count fun as reading in the warm sunshine and watching a movie you can barely hear as a summer thunderstorm pounds down on the roof. It may not necessarily be "fun" but it's exactly what I needed.

To show how much I've been on the go, last week was my first five day work week in three months. Maybe three and half months? I'd grown accustomed to it, that by Thursday it felt like Friday and I was ready for the weekend. At the same time, it's nice not to be go-go-go. I have two weeks to catch up on things in the office.


I'm happy to announce my cousin, Lindsay, will be visiting for a week! She flies in this Saturday night. then we will be heading to Palawan for a true vacation filled with island hopping, beach bumming, and snorkeling. I'm super excited and can't wait to see a different part of the country! Also, can you believe I've been living on an island for eight months now and have yet to see the beach?!

The last time I did a "Weekend Reading" post was March 17. There is much to catch up on in the lives of other YASCers!

Will P. does a wonderful job of explaining what it means to be a missionary in Cuba.

Alan has an important announcement! He'll be staying a second year in Haiti, but splitting time in South Carolina.

Will B. reflects upon how small the world is and how the happenings in Ukraine are affecting his ministry to seafarers in Hong Kong.

Hannah reflects on how music has been a place of comfort and love during her time in El Salvador.

Becky shares about her Holy Week in Central America where part was spent in Panama!

Carlin experiences a South Korean tradition - the annual lotus lantern parade.

Heidi walks us through a day of her life in Tanzania.

Paul had the wonderful opportunity to meet Gcina Mhlophe, a South African poet.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment