Thursday, August 22, 2013

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I'm leaving on a jet plane! Today is the day! I'm currently sitting in Dulles airport awaiting my flight to Detroit where then I will fly from Detroit to Manila. I'm feeling anxious, nervous, and excited but also overwhelmed.


I'm overwhelmed with the love, support and prayers I've received from family, friends and the whole Diocese of Virginia community. I'm overwhelmed with the fear and excitement of the unknown of what is to come within the next 24 hours, the next week, month and year. I'm overwhelmed with the simple fact that it's here! 

I'm actually about to board a plane and move across the world for a whole year. I know I will blink and it will be over but I cannot wait to share this journey with everyone through this blog! I cannot express what it means to me knowing so many people stand behind me in this journey. 


My priest and friend, Rev. Kate Bryant, gave me a little book of prayers and this one is for "Life's Journey":

"Alone with none but Thee, my God, I journey on my way: what need I fear, when Thou art near, O King of night and day? More safe am I within Thy hand than if a host did round me stand." 
-St. Columba

1 comment: