Monday, May 27, 2013

Support, Gifts, & Kindness

Sorry that I have been a little MIA on the blog. Once things start happening and I am on the ground, I will be more consistent with posting. I have felt that I have had nothing to write or update you about. And still don't have any more information or an update on my placement, but I do have an update on fundraising.

THANK YOU! 

Overwhelmed, excited, appreciative, humbled, and simply thankful is how I feel by the notes and donations I have received! I sent out letters to churches and priests around the diocese simply hoping for an invitation to come talk more face to face, maybe have the opportunity to present at a few adult forums or in front of mission committees. I did not expect to be receiving generous checks in the mail by writing an email! 

As you can see on the Fundraising Thermometer to the right, I already have raised over $7,000!

I am excited and happy to call the following supporters, partners in my mission and YASC journey! I greatly appreciate your support, gifts, generosity and kindness.
  • Bishop Goff
  • Bishop Shannon
  • Bishop Ted
  • Region I
  • Region VII
  • Office of Mission & Outreach
  • Beckford Parish
  • Christ Episcopal Church, Millwood
  • Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Greenwood
  • Grace Episcopal Church, Alexandria
  • Grace & Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Richmond
  • St. Mark's Episcopal Church, Richmond
  • St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Arlington
  • St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Alexandria
  • St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, Heathsville
  • St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, Richmond
  • Trinity Episcopal Church, Manassas
  • Mary Anne Bryant
  • Dr. Clary
  • Mrs. Gilpin
  • Eric, Cathy, & Samantha Wendler
On top of that I have greatly enjoyed having the opportunity to share about my journey with YASC in person at region meetings and at parishes! This past Sunday, I had the privilege to be invited to preach at Christ Church, Millwood or Cunningham Parish. It was a beautiful morning and lovely, welcoming people attend the church! I felt fortunate that they offered all loose plate offerings to me and their support through prayer!


The Bulletin from this past Sunday with my name as the guest preacher!


Thanks again to the Rev. Karin and Christ Church! And I look forward to preaching at my home church, St. James', Leesburg, next Sunday. 

And thank you, again, to all those who are already supporting me! For those who would like to support me financially and haven't, yet, you can send check or cash donations to:
The Diocese of Virginia
Attn: Mary Anne Bryant
110 W Franklin St
Richmond, VA 23220

Checks Payable to: The Diocese of Virginia
Memo Line: Ashley Cameron - YASC

No comments:

Post a Comment